Winds of Peace Foundation considers a mixture of values, principles and methods in consideration of all proposals. These CORNERSTONES FOR JUST AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT provide an integrated criteria base that ensure holistic participation and ownership in the people being served.
- Participation in projects based on local analysis and plans
- Accompaniment of oppressed people
- Community-based and self-directed development
- Transformational education and training
- Relationships and partnerships in funding
- Accountability and responsibility
WPF has chosen to work diretly with its funding recipients, rather than through other funding organizations. This preference is due to our belief in the importance of direct accompaniment with our partners and the need for an in-depth understanding of the groups with whom we work. WPF generally does not accept unsolicited project proposals for consideration.