This was the response of the Foreign Ministry of Nicaragua to the action of the Permanent Council of the OAS yesterday, who approved a resolution calling for the liberation of political prisoners, respect for human rights and institutional reforms for legitimate elections; and to the call of the Civic Alliance for a National Strike on Thursday May 23rd (caps reflect the original text).
See original Spanish at : https://www.el19digital.com/articulos/ver/titulo:90399-programa-de-trabajo-del-gobierno-de-reconciliacion-y-unidad-nacional-para-consolidar-estabilidad-y-paz-en-nicaragua
WORK PROGRAM OF GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL RECONCILIATION AND UNITY TO ESTABLISH STABILITY AND PEACE IN NICARAGUA
Wednesday May 22, 2019
- Definitive liberation by June 18, 2019 at the latest of those released from jail who are in their homes under family or house arrest. Those who are still in jail. And those who have an open process in their absence, whose cause is in process.
- Continue with the OAS the process of electoral institutional strengthening, which consists in: A) Electoral Reform proposal, B) Technical Support to the Supreme Electoral Council, C) Implementation of Technical Recommendations to the Supreme Electoral Council for the future General Elections of 2021 within the framework of the Constitution and Legal Order of the country.
- Continue making a call for the Reconciliation of the Nicaraguan Family in order to contribute to creating a climate of Trust, that would strengthen the Culture of Peace that the People of Nicaragua need.
- Raise to the category of Law the Holistic Plan of Attention to Victims (PIAV) of the violent events occurred starting in April 2018, based on the Principle of Forgiveness, Not Forgetting and No Repetition.
- Continue promoting, nationally and internationally, the Government of National Reconciliation and Unity (GRUN) on the Voluntary Return of Nicaraguans outside the country, who left in the context of the violent events occurred starting on April 18, 2018, with all the constitutional and security guarantees for their reinsertion in Society and their personal daily lives.
- Ratify, as the Constitution and the Labor Code mandate, the Participation of Workers in the Management of Enterprises, through their Organizations.
- In accordance with the Tax Law, proceed to do the pertinent audits as appropriate of all Enterprises, Non profit Associations, Foundations and the rest of exonerated sectors, in order to determine the good use of the exonerated equipment, inputs and raw materials, including those of the Social Communications Media.
- Call to the International Community and International Financial Organizations to end the application of sanctions and threats of new sanctions that affect Human, Economic and Social Development of the People of Nicaragua.
- Ensure the Right of Concentration, Demonstration and Public Mobilization, complying with the Constitution, the Law on this subject and the norms in effect.
Government of National Reconciliation and Unity
May 22, 2019